Contact: Carl Alves
Address: 360 Coggeshall Street, New Bedford, MA 02746
Phone: 508-979-1580 Fax 508-991-6233
Facebook: PAACA, Inc
We are a volunteer coordinator organization and a volunteer host site!
Positive Action Against Chemical Addiction, Incorporated is a non-profit community center that has been providing quality services to residents of Greater New Bedford since 1983. The agency offers substance abusers and their families a broad range of counseling, education, intervention, prevention, advocacy, outreach and referral services, as well as supportive services and meeting site for social and psychological needs of our clients and community. Services are available to individuals from all ethnic and religious backgrounds and are provided without regard to income.
As a consumer led organization, P.A.A.C.A. is committed to:
• Providing assistance and education to drug/alcohol addicted people as full participating members of society.
• As advocates; viewing the client’s needs in a holistic fashion
• Educating the public on issues related to drug/alcohol abuse
• Providing the necessary innovative services and enterprises required by this diverse, ever changing population
• Create innovative effective strategies to prevent the onset of substance abuse among youth
We host a wide variety of volunteers in all aspects of our agency. Adult Services volunteers help people access treatment, work in our food and clothing pantry as well as a number of community based projects. Youth Services volunteers work with at-risk young people through mentoring, afterschool programming and other youth development activities.